Part 3: Great Things
Here are some.
- We need to remember the message. It is not "You ought to come to church." It is, "It is much better, if you come to the
- We need to remember the purpose. It is not a building, or crowds, or excitement, or decision-tallying, or purging evil from our
town, city, county, state, or nation. Our purpose is to help individual people see and come to the Lord for mutual benefit.
- We can go where the people are with the message, and not expect them to come to us.
- We can get as many believers as possible involved, and not expect the pastor to do it all.
- We can go out in pairs or in groups, and do planning in order to make this successful.
- We can keep contact with each other, so that pairs or groups can be quickly assembled to meet opportunities that arise.
- We can recognize, support and liberate the special people God has given to the church, and thus help the whole
church help more folks come to the Lord.
- We can ask God to drive us to use the gifts He has given, for His purposes.
- We with our churches, can contact others with other churches, who understand these things, and combine our distinctivenesses
into strengths in unity in the name of God.
- We can get the emphasis off of coming to church to see God's power revealed. God's power should be following us into the
Ian Johnson & Jonathan Brickman
Please do email us!
Next page: Concerning Standard Formats
© 2003, 2016 Ian B. Johnson and Jonathan E. Brickman
Send us a note, or a comment on this page?